Looking to build a career in sales? The Business Development Associate is responsible for triaging inbound inquiries, establishing customer relationships, and providing qualified, motivated leads to the Sales teams.
Do you have a keen interest in eLearning? Are you looking to start a career in Sales? Good news! You have found the right opportunity to get you started. We are always on the hunt for our next great Business Development Representative at D2L!
The Business Development Representative is responsible for promoting D2L Products and Services, establishing customer relationships, and providing qualified, motivated leads to the Sales teams. As a key member of the sales team, the successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the company’s solutions, competition, and a keen interest in the eLearning industry. The primary market focus is the education and corporate sectors.
We are looking for an energetic, polished individual with exceptional communication skills and a talent for relationship building. The successful candidate will gain expertise in accurately capturing and qualifying leads, effectively managing a sales pipeline, and achieving quarterly revenue targets.
This Business Development Representative provides a challenging career opportunity as well as career advancement within D2L.
How will I make an impact?
- Responsible for exceeding objectives within your assigned territory
- Able to understand and deliver D2L's unique value proposition and create solution vision with prospects
- Actively participate in outbound calling campaigns to generate sales opportunities
- Accurately capture and qualify leads gathered from tradeshows, webinars, inbound calls, and other marketing initiatives
- Follow-up with existing D2L contacts and develop them into sales prospects
- Distribute leads and make qualified appointments for Sales Executives
- Monitor and respond to D2L Sales inbox and website inquiries – responding and re-directing incoming customer request for information, etc.
- Create and update lead generation emails and phone scripts
- Update customer interactions through the CRM tool
- Complete sales reports and present findings to executive management
- Conduct market research and keep updated on product and industry knowledge, competitors, and industry knowledge
- Represent D2L at occasional tradeshows; some travel will be required
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Interest in pursuing a sales career within a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Pro-active and goal oriented with the ability to maintain consistent levels of customer activity to generate sales leads and meet achieve quarterly objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and organize/prioritize work independently
- Strong interpersonal and customer orientation skills with the ability to influence decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Previous experience in eLearning, the education sector, enterprise software and/or high tech solutions providers preferred
- Degree or diploma in Business, Marketing or related
Why we’re awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.