Do you have a "get it done" mindset, experience with customer delivery and business processes enhancement, and hungry to make an impact? This role is for you!
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Business Analyst is responsible for collaborating with Business Stakeholders to review, refine and translate requirements into detailed documents or process maps. The requirements and/or process maps will be finalized and reviewed with IT & Business Teams to ensure alignment with technology platforms, solutions and business objectives. The Business Analyst will collaborate with other Teams to assist with process improvements, efficiencies, and as required the development of solutions to ensure the functionality meets the needs of the Business Stakeholders. The analyst will use data analytics, metrics and feedback to review existing processes and solutions to identify areas of improvement.
The Business Analyst will be part of a larger cross functional team driving business efficiencies and service design in alignment with D2L’s strategic plan. This role will be critical in identifying opportunities to optimize and scale business processes and operations. Areas of optimization may include process re-engineering, internal system optimization, as well as working with UX research, design and product management to recommend and implement user experience improvements. Additionally, the business analyst will be a key member of all IT Projects providing support with; business requirements gathering & documentation, process documentation, use case development, test cases, testing, solution alignment and communication.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Review and create process documentation/workflows and identify inefficiencies and suggest recommendations for improvement through automation or elimination of unnecessary steps
- Interview internal teams and conduct process reviews to ascertain the solutions, improvements, and personnel needed for effective processes. This also involves staying up to date with the latest business best practices and technological developments that can help to automate and streamline processes to help businesses perform more efficiently
- Manage and Lead process review and redesign workshops
- Educate business teams on their responsibilities for managing and operating business processes
- Monitor, measure, identify business trends utilizing real data to provide feedback on process performance
- Eliciting requirements - Determine and document user requirements/user stories for business processes and abide by those requirements for future projects
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Build and present business cases to project stakeholders using process metrics and analytics to support your recommendations.
- Develop comprehensive E2E test cases at the application and multi-application levels
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Work with architecture, QA to ensure feasibility of detailed solutions
Work Experience Recommendations:
• 5+ years’ experience directly related to the duties listed above
• Sales & Marketing experience is an asset
• Ideally 3-5 years’ experience Customer Delivery Experience and/or scaling business process.
• Lean Six Sigma certification
• Business or Process Analyst certifications would be an asset
• Excellent process mapping and documentation skills
• Superior problem-solving, analytical, written and verbal communication
• Experience working with senior leaders
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.