We are looking for a Trainer to join our Brightspace Training team and help our clients maximize their success with D2L technology.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
As a Brightspace Trainer, you will deliver product training to clients and internal employees both on-site and virtually. By developing and improving training materials, resources and other documentation you will deliver meaningful sessions that impact our users’ ability to interact with the Brightspace platform. We're looking for individuals who are confident, clear communicators and have an understanding of software and a passion for education.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Deliver product training to D2L clients using a variety of methods (onsite face to face, virtual, recorded) to increase understanding and knowledge of our products and services
- Develop expertise in the entire suite of D2L products
- Conduct needs assessment in order to develop tailored training plans for clients across all verticals (K12, Higher Education and Corporate)
- Create new training material, courses and webinars - to include agendas, videos, job aides, leave-behinds, assessment activities, simulations, and more
- Enhance training experience for clients with value-added best practices consultation
- Develop new training and consultative service offerings by collaborating with subject matter experts across D2L
- Combine your knowledge of adult learning theory with your classroom teaching experience to create impactful and engaging training experiences that focus on the use of technology to transform learning
- Keep current with Web 2.0 technologies that are used to facilitate eLearning
- Travel to client locations (possibly up to 40%)
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Excellent oral communication;including large and small-group presentation experience, and persuasive speaking skills
- Bilingual – English / Canadian French at an advanced spoken and written level (comfort with European French an asset)
- Demonstrated use of reflective listening and feedback to encourage group involvement, to clarify and expand upon trainee contributions, to guide the direction of the discussion, and to enhance trainees’ understanding of the content and concepts being presented
- An understanding of the typical stages in the development and mastery of new knowledge and skills, and an ability to develop training materials that promote this sequential development
- Strategies to keep your trainees’ focused, on task, and within established time frames, while remaining responsive to the group needs and concerns
- Ability to incorporate feedback and participant evaluations to identify opportunities for improving the training
- 5+ years’ experience teaching in a blended learning setting
- 2+ years’ experience teaching and training adult learners on complex concepts
- Familiarity with Adult Learning Theory
- Flexibility in work schedule may be required to meet tight timelines
- Knowledge of eLearning and/or Learning Management Systems (familiarity with D2L products is a plus)
- University degree in teaching and learning, communication, or similar field
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Stock options
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.