In this position you will provide support for clients from all verticals who are using our enterprise suite of eLearning web-based software.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Customer Support Representative requires an individual who has experience in resolving highly technical complex client issues. You possess technical knowledge, problem solving skills and experience in a helpdesk environment providing senior level technical support to clients. In this position you will provide support for clients from all verticals who are using our enterprise suite of eLearning web-based software.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Receive information requests, feature requests, troubleshooting requests and complaints from end users, administrators, and executives by phone, email, TTY
- Take action to resolve calls based on product and system knowledge as well as information found in internal and external resources
- As needed, update support tickets to reflect actions taken, resolution achieved or further action required
- Inform Customer Support Managers of any technical issues, gaps, errors, missing information in the Knowledge Base and makes suggestions to improve and update processes and documentation
- Receive telephone calls and emails, which require periods of prolonged sitting for approximately 90% of the time
- Responsibility allocation: 80% phone, 20% management of incident queue unless otherwise specified
- 24/7 shift rotation
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 2+ years of experience supporting web based applications in a customer service or help-desk environment
- Fluency or native speaker (reading, writing, and speaking) in French, Spanish and or Brazilian Portuguese
- Working knowledge of supported browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- An understanding of PC and Mac OS
- Knowledge of acceptable file extensions
- Knowledge of Call Centre technology (eg. ticketing systems and knowledgebase software) and call center telephony (eg.Avaya)
- Customer service, communication, listening and human relations skills are required in order to determine client needs, understand and relay information, build positive rapport, confidence and trust and participate as an effective team member.
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are essential in order to accurately enter data, maintain records, focus on multiple priorities and handle high call volumes in a fast paced environment
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills are required to effectively deal with customers in crisis
- Ability to relate in a professional, courteous, calm and friendly manner to all types of callers from different backgrounds who hold different positions
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a Business or Technical field preferred
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.