The Associate Technical Product Manager will drive transitions from legacy to newer products to result in increased client satisfaction and reduced development overhead.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Associate Technical Product Managers are responsible for executing on Release & Transition projects. This junior level role includes customer implementation projects including configuring the D2L platform, setting up and testing integrations between a customer’s implementation of the D2L application and other existing systems. Projects will primarily be setting up and testing customer data migration of student data to the D2L application although the Associate Technical Product Manager will execute other project tasks as well. This is a customer-facing role, and exceptional customer service is a must.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Gather technical requirements for integrations with customer systems, primarily Student Registration/Information Systems and Authentication Systems.
- Deploy integrations with customer systems
- Install/configure integration tools
- Test integration and support customer acceptance testing
- Run established scripts to transform data as needed
- Keep existing solution documentation updated for continuous improvement of common solutions and processes
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and D2L products, manage a backlog of feature requests and help the team prioritize and groom.
- Assist in creating documentation on new integration solutions as they develop
- Provides input on project plans
- Collaborate with customers and prospects to better understand their challenges
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design to identify feasible solutions with appropriate scoping
- Create the necessary artifacts to communicate requirements, scope, solution proposals and project status effectively
- Manage the impact of scope change and priority with all stakeholders
- Will include customer contact via phone, video & email
- Guide customers through common questions, configuration decisions, and learning about integration options
- Day-to-day contact with project leadership to provide status updates
- Assist in data extractions from customer Student Registration Systems and D2L Platform
- Supporting other project or operational work as required
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
Work Experience Recommendations:
- At least one year of relevant work experience or equivalent co-op/internship experience
- Data Analysis skills, intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge (primarily Excel) or other similar tools
- Superb oral and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Microsoft SQL Experience
- API development knowledge
- Experience in a customer-facing/consulting role
- Project coordination or management experience
- Prior D2L or online learning exposure is a plus, but not required
- Bachelors of Computer Science, Applied Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Advanced degree in any of the above fields if work experience requirements are not met
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.