The Application Administrator will work to implement new processes and applications within the Information Technology Department
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Enterprise Application Administrators deliver business solutions to the employees of D2L, working closely with many different departments throughout the organization. They are responsible for the evaluation, implementation, configuration/customization, and maintenance of enterprise applications. Solid communication skills are critical in this role.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Work with business users to customize, configure, and deploy business applications and supporting infrastructure
- Align and maintain application configuration with Enterprise application best practices
- Provide the highest level of service and support for all internal applications
- Perform research and fact-finding analysis to find and configure solutions to business issues utilizing the enterprise applications
- Develop and maintain application documentation
- Respond quickly and effectively to mission-critical support and / or project requests
- Provide support and training to our internal customers and communities
- Support development team's integration of custom developed solutions
- Work with defect tracking, source code control and software release systems to ensure high-quality software releases
- Create technical designs from functional specifications and implement as working software applications through configuration, customization, or selection of third party solutions in support of business processes
- Execution and validation of system testing, analysis, and reporting of results
- Create and maintain documentation as required at all phases of the SDLC/Key Projects
- Provide support for implemented enterprise solutions by assisting in deployments, addressing post implementation technical and business process issues, delivering training as needed
- Learn required technologies, standards, and methodologies as needed to support new and existing business systems solutions as well as remain abreast of emerging technologies not yet explored
- May be required to work off-hours for scheduled maintenance or part of an on-call rotation
- Act as primary contact for internal enterprise applications projects
WHAT IS D2L LOOKING FOR FROM ME?
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Tell us how you approach this!
- Excellent communication skills, ability to translate non-technical business needs into technical solutions with defined processes
- Well organized, able to handle several projects and tasks at once, ability to respond to changing priorities as needed
- MS SQL or relevant Database experience
- Experience with reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Service, Power BI
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or diploma with supplemental business education preferred, or equivalent training and experience
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.