Discover how an LMS can assist in your daily tasks
The secret behind a great piece of learning technology is the ability to have the flexibility to teach the way you like. With that in mind, check out the great tools that you can use to make your workflow easier and yet still increase your presence in your student’s academic journey.
For more on what Brightspace can do for instructors, feel free to check out the faculty page.
A learning management system (LMS) can relieve you of a great deal of your administrative work so you can focus on teaching. Here are the top 6 tools in your LMS that will enable you to be more efficient. But at the same time, the learning curve is quick because of how easy they are to use!
- Drag-and-drop. Easily create courses from scratch or migrate from another system. Simply drag documents, videos, PDFs, etc. from your desktop right into the LMS.
- Class Progress. A heads-up display that allows you to quickly see who’s doing great and who’s struggling. From the same view, quickly send an email or instant message to students.
- Simple Content Editor. Create engaging and interactive course elements using tools that look and feel like MS Word. Templates make it easy to ensure everything is accessible and looks awesome.
- Automated messages. Send automated emails based on student activity. Choose when students need a little nudge, then just set and forget.
- Release Conditions. Automatically provide remedial content or resources, triggered by specific conditions. Ensures students are supported and engaged.
- Mobile Access. You and your students can work anytime, and anywhere. Plus all your course material will look great on any device.
“Brightspace gives me lots of capability to flexibly deliver things to students. We do things in units and the Grade book lets students know when they have completed something by releasing the next level of content. It has made my job as an instructor much more manageable.”
Deb McManimon, Business Faculty, Riverland Community College.