Here's what teachers and administrators can do to enhance their professional learning strategy
Professional learning is more than just a check-the-box, one-and-done solution. It’s about building a system that truly impacts the way teachers develop skills and pedagogy, that in turn, impacts student success.Here are at least 5 ways a K-12 learning management system (LMS) can help to establish an engaging, efficient, fun, and successful professional learning program.
A learning management system is more than just a repository of professional learning material. It provides the capacity to monitor progress, assign relevant content, set goals, and engage with peers on an on-going basis – anytime, anywhere with ease. An LMS can streamline your professional learning program to support continuous learning in a number of ways.
- View of what’s happening. With all the course content, assessment, and interactions in a single place, learning can be reported upon and managed with a proactive mindset.
- Data collection: Easily run reports rather than having to pull data from multiple spreadsheets or multiple sources. This helps to ensure no learning is lost or untracked.
- Developing content: Because content is all in one place, you have access to all versions. You can see what worked and what didn’t work to improve content.
- Efficient communication: Monitor and communicate district-wide, across multiple schools and with each learner individually. Teacher communities allow sharing and discussion of effective practices.
- Pilot projects. Explore new ideas in a way that doesn’t have a drastic impact. You can control who sees what, who gets what. Then monitor success of new projects.