What would I be doing in this role at D2L?
Come bring your talents to a growing organization! We are looking for a Training Specialist to join our Professional Services Organization and help our clients maximize their success with D2L technology.
Roles in Professional Services are designed with flexibility in mind, drawing on the strengths of individuals on the team to meet the needs of our clients. In addition to training clients on how to use the latest and greatest technology from D2L, our clients also look to the training team to provide them with guidance on best practices in leveraging the technology in a very practical way.
Innovation and entrepreneurship are not limited to R&D at D2L. Our client facing Professional Services team is constantly looking for new ways to help our clients achieve success. We expect all our team members to carry that passionate enthusiasm with them in everything they do.
What would my main duties be?
- Deliver product training to D2L clients using a variety of methods (onsite face to face, virtual, recorded)
- Develop expertise in the entire suite of D2L products
- Create new training material, courses and webinars
- Enhance training experience for clients with value-added best practices consultation
- Develop new training and consultative service offerings by collaborating with subject matter experts across D2L
- Keep current with Web 2.0 technologies that are used to facilitate eLearning
- 40-60% travel to client locations
What is D2L looking for from me?
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to train small (one on one) or large audiences (50+ people)
- 2+ years experience in training people on complex software systems
- Familiarity in using and training people in Web 2.0 technologies
- Experience with teaching in K12, Higher Education or Corporate sectors
The following are not essential but valuable skills:
- Knowledge of eLearning and/or Learning Management Systems
- Formal experience in instructional design
- Experience as a classroom teacher
- Fluent in French or other languages
We are looking for a Training Specialist to join our Professional Services Organization and help our clients maximize their success with D2L technology.
Type of Position:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.