Technical Writer -12 month contract
What would I be doing in this role at D2L?
In this role, the Technical Writer will work with various internal teams including developers, subject matter experts, support representatives and other areas of the organization to create user documentations. The Technical Writer will become very familiar with our users and personas to ensure we understand their needs and deliver clear, concise documentation in a fast paced agile environment.
The candidate must be an adaptable writer who learns quickly, takes ownership of deliverables, communicates clearly and enjoys collaborating with others to achieve a common goal.
What would my main duties be?
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, developers, support and other areas of the organization to create and update end user documentation.
- Adhere to templates and writing guidelines to ensure consistency and quality.
- Manage multiple project deadlines along parallel release tracks
- Review technical specifications, internal release notes and development documentation and translate them to end user documents.
- Provide peer reviews for other Technical Writers to ensure accuracy, clarity and conformance with style guidelines
What is D2L looking for from me?
- 7-10 years of experience in a professional technical documentation environment.
- Proven ability to author and edit professional-quality documentation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build relationships.
- Experience in authoring and content management tools.
- Knowledge of established style guides, defining personas, documentation best practices and writing according to guidelines.
- Experience dealing with Developers and Project Managers, and negotiating schedules and handling competing priorities
- Proficient with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and DreamWeaver
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
The Technical Writer is a self-starter who is responsible for planning, organizing, writing and editing technical documentation for Desire2Learn solutions.
Type of Position:
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, English or Technical Writing