Technical Support Analyst, Tier 2
What would I be doing in this role at D2L?
We are seeking a Technical Support Analyst, Tier 2 with a flexible schedule, and experience working in a fast-paced environment. The Technical Support Analyst, Tier 2 requires an individual who has experience in resolving highly technical complex client issues. You possess technical knowledge, problem solving skills and experience in a helpdesk environment providing senior level technical support to clients. In this position you will provide support for clients from all verticals who are using our enterprise suite of eLearning web-based software.
To be considered for this role candidates would describe themselves as being goal oriented, results driven, and analytical in nature. A successful candidate will be dedicated, enjoy project-based work, and have the ability to multi-task. We emphasize a positive environment with the use of self-managed work teams. Dealing with clients will be required on a daily basis, so strong interpersonal skills are essential.
What would my main duties be?
- Resolving specific client issues under tight time constraints
- Identifying bugs
- Identifying and correcting improperly configured installations
- Identifying and solving site related issues
- Updating incidents with all appropriate details
- Providing timely updates on issues
- Improving Desire2Learn product/tool design and efficiency by reviewing and providing feedback on functional specifications, technical specifications and submitting Feature Requests, Usability Issues and Bugs to Product Development
- Working with market leading clients on highly technical issues, and be responsible for related follow-up issues
- Providing Services to clients such as:
- Performance investigation
- System level and/or database level Reports
- Information requests
- Updating database with scripts
- Participating in On-call support rotation
What is D2L looking for from me?
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a senior level, top tier, technical support or help desk role
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Minimum of two years of experience working with relevant programming technologies
- At least one year of experience working with Internet technologies
- (Windows 2003 Server, IIS, MS SQL Server)
- Experience with eLearning software an asset
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise software applications
- Bilingual (English/French)or (English/Spanish) an asset
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills
- Proven team player and ability to work well with others
- Focused on customer satisfaction
We are seeking a Technical Support Analyst, Tier 2 with a flexible schedule, and experience working in a fast-paced environment.
Type of Position:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification an asset
- Knowledge of eLearning, Learning Management Systems and Internet technologies