What would I be doing in this role at Desire2Learn?
The Technical Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success across several functional areas of Product Development at Desire2Learn. This will include the development and execution of recruitment plans, increasing the visibility of Desire2Learn as well as developing new and creative recruiting ideas. The Technical Recruiter plays a critical role in ensuring Desire2Learn is hiring the best possible talent by proactively acting on recruitment plans; networking through industry contacts, association memberships, and employees; and, being an active participant throughout the hiring process. This position is also required to maintain an extensive, up to date database of available candidates to draw on as needs arise. Our Technical Recruiter should have superb communication and relationship-building skills, solid technical acumen, and must be prepared to support a lot of hiring!
If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and fun HR opportunity in a growth organization, this position is for you!
What would my main duties be?
- Work with the recruitment team and Product Development to create and manage a recruitment strategy for several functional areas within the Product Development division
- Source qualified candidates through a variety of cost effective resources
- Identify potential qualified candidates for current and/or upcoming job openings
- Recruit applicants for open positions, making public presentations regarding the organization and job opportunities; coordinating staff participation, set up, and work at various job fairs and networking events
- Manage various recruitment events, including job fairs and community initiatives, college/university relationships
- Identify new networking activities such as attending career events, professional association meetings, calling on schools, etc.
- Build networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees to find qualified passive candidates
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates
- Project yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, and job or career opportunities within Desire2Learn
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, and implementing recruiting programs
- Conduct regular follow-ups with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans
- Encourage employee referrals, communicating its importance and giving incentives to those who produce successful hires
- Proactively develop a pipeline of qualified candidates
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Aid in establishing a recognizable "employer of choice" reputation for the company, both internally and externally
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Desire2Learn's recruitment brand
- Participate in the interviewing and offer process for various positions
- Perform other special projects as assigned
- Coach managers on interviewing and recruitment best practices, ensuring positive candidate experience
What is Desire2Learn looking for from me?
- Minimum of 5 years of solid technical recruitment experience
- Experience recruiting for technical positions with demonstrated understanding of software development terminology and processes
- Experience working in fast paced, growing company with a high volume of recruitment activities
- Some experience with international recruitment would be an asset
- Innovative thinker, able to use and develop new sources for recruitment
- Highly flexible, with polished interpersonal skills that will allow one to work effectively with different managers, candidate personalities, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strength in building and maintaining lasting relationships
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Proven self-starter with ability to work under pressure to meet objectives
- General passion and interest in technology
The Technical Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success across several functional areas of Product Development at Desire2Learn.
Type of Position:
- Bachelor degree or College diploma from an accredited institution
- Some education in a technical field is preferred
- CHRP designation is an asset