What would I be doing in this role at D2L?
Whether you are an experienced interaction designer or a recent co-op graduate, we are looking for creative problem solvers to transform product requirements into highly functional user interfaces.
You will be designing and influencing products that are going to have an impact on improving teaching and learning. You have a good intuition for what makes an effective experience and a love for designing software to meet our clients' goals and expectations.
You will collaborate with your team, usability specialists and other designers who will challenge you to create the most desirable software. Whether you are designing a web or mobile application, our designers are technically savvy and stay on top of the leading technologies they are designing for.
You will continually learn and look for ways to innovate. You thrive in an Agile development environment and culture where designers speak freely and collaborate to solve interesting problems. You take pride not just getting things done, but delivering the best.
What would my main duties be?
- Take product requirements and consolidate them into software workflows that meet user expectations
- Develop user stories, wireframes and high and low-fidelity prototypes to communicate a compelling design vision
- Collaborate with your development team, product owner and graphic designers to ensure feasibility of design concepts
- Conduct user research and focus groups by interacting with the community and internal stakeholders
- Proactively vet designs to ensure seamless user experience across the product suite
What is D2L looking for from me?
- Strong analytical, communication, facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience taking a design from concept to software delivery
- Experience creating storyboards, wireframes, flow diagrams and interactive prototypes
- Strong visual design sense
- Understanding of Agile and other project methodologies
- Knowledge of user-experience design principles
- Graphic design skills are considered an asset
- Knowledge of accessibility principles is considered an asset
When we receive your application, we do our best to match your education and experience plus your technology and product interest to our open product designer positions. Your resume will be considered for all open product designer positions on all product teams.
You design applications that elicit an emotional response while solving key problems for Teaching and Learning.
Type of Position:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a technical or design related field
D2L helps over 8 million people discover what is possible through our innovative learning solutions. Our team of talented, creative, and passionate employees is dedicated to helping transform the learning experience and creating a world where everyone has the opportunity to excel. We are focused on breaking down the barriers to learning and creating a more personalized experience that engages, inspires, and enables people to achieve their potential.Apply Now
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.